- Contact Information
- Information We Collect and How We Use It
- Cookies and Online Tracking Technologies
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Sharing Your Information
- Retention of Personal Information
- Preference Management
- Your Legal Rights
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Information Security
- Transfer of Information to the United States
- Children’s Privacy
- Links to Other Materials
For EU consumers, if you believe that your Personal Information has been processed in a way that does not comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. The supervisory authority will be the point of contact with respect to the progress and outcome of your complaint.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Website (https://dm.ai) and related DMAI webpages.
- Via email, text and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party (including, if applicable, our affiliates and subsidiaries).
- Any third party (including, if applicable, our affiliates and subsidiaries), through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We collect information that you choose to provide us or that you choose to include in your profile or account, and that personally identifies you such as your name, address, zip code, telephone number, e-mail address, and other personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”). You may be asked to provide us with Personal Information when you register with the Website and at other times to enable us to provide the Website and Services to you and to manage our relationship with you including payment processing, troubleshooting and maintenance. As authorized by you (opt-in consent) or permitted by law, your Personal Information may also be used by us to market (directly or indirectly by third parties) products and services that may be of interest to you. The decision to provide this information is optional. However, if you choose not to provide the requested information, you may not be able to use some or all of the features of the Website or Services. The lawful bases for processing your Personal Information in this manner include DMAI’s legitimate interest, compliance with legal obligations, and the performance of any contractual relationship requested by you.
Usage Data and Site Activity
We automatically collect and analyze information in connection with the actions you take on the Website and in connection with using the Services (“Usage Data”) to improve the Website, Services and User experience. This data includes, but is not limited to, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, your IP address, aggregate data about the number of visits to the Website, and aggregate data about the pages visited. This anonymous usage information may be associated with your username and profile, but we do not disclose this information to third parties. The lawful bases for processing your Personal Information in this manner include DMAI’s legitimate interest, compliance with legal obligations, and the performance of a contractual relationship with you.
Cookies and Online Tracking Technologies
Do Not Track Disclosure
Additionally, although some Internet browsers have a ‘do not track’ feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked, we are currently not set up to respond to such signals.
Sharing Your Information
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To DMAI corporate affiliated entities.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, change in control, or other sale, transfer, or other action with respect to some of or all of DMAI assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, dissolution, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by DMAI about the Website users is among the assets affected.
- If we were previously authorized or are otherwise permitted by law to share your Personal Information with our affiliates and Advertising Partners to provide you with information that may be relevant to you, including for their own marketing purposes.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of DMAI, our customers, or others.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- We may disclose aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about the Website users without restriction.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain your Personal Information for as long as we have a relationship with you. We also retain your Personal Information for a period of time after our relationship with you has ended where there is an ongoing business need to retain it. This includes retention to comply with our legal, regulatory, tax and/or accounting obligations. We do so in accordance with our data retention policies and applicable law.
Third Party/Affiliate Sharing
Email email@example.com at any time and ask to be removed.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time and ask to be removed.
We may continue to send you certain transactional email communications (e.g. emails regarding account notifications, customer support questions and similar information) regarding your use of the Site and Services.
Your Legal Rights
You have the right to:
- Request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you;
- Request that inaccurate information about you be corrected or deleted;
- Object to having your Personal Information processed;
- Request that we delete any and all Personal Information we hold about you;
- Request that we restrict processing your Personal Information;
- Request that you not be subject to automated decision making including profiling; or
- Receive your Personal Information in a structured, prevailing, and machine-readable form and/or have your Personal Information transferred to another controller, where technically feasible.
DMAI email subscribers and subscribers of paid content may access and correct their contact information on file by accessing their account online. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California law, a California resident with whom DMAI has an established relationship has the right to request certain information with respect to any Personal Information DMAI may have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Alternatively, DMAI may provide a cost-free means to opt out of such sharing.
DMAI has implemented certain procedural, technical and physical security measures to help protect against the risk of loss, misuse, and alteration of sensitive information that you provide. We require third parties with whom we share Personal Information to do the same. Nevertheless, such security measures may not prevent all loss, misuse, or alteration of information on the Site, and DMAI is not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such security failures. By using the Site, you understand that there is a risk that data and communications, including email and other electronic communications, may be accessed by unauthorized third parties. The foregoing does not affect any liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Transfer of Information to the United States
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
If you are under the age of 18 and have subscribed to any of the paid content available on our site, you must have your parent’s permission and we will assume you have done so. We do not otherwise knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. By using the Website, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old. If we become aware that a customer is under the age of 18 and has registered or otherwise provided Personal Information, we will cancel the corresponding registration and delete such information from our records.
Links to Other Materials
ANIMAL ISLAND LEARNING ADVENTURE™
AILA SIT AND PLAY™
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains the personal data DMAI, Inc. processes, how DMAI, Inc. processes it, and for what purposes.
DMAI, Inc. offers a wide range of products, including Artificial Intelligence (“AI”) products used to help children learn.
AILA SIT AND PLAY™ and the website (“site”) are operated by:
10940 Wilshire Blvd,
Los Angeles, CA 90024
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and other privacy laws require us to inform parents or legal guardians about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from children under the age of 13. COPPA requires that we get consent from parents or legal guardians before we allow children under the age of 13 to use and interact with some sections, applications, and activities on the SIT AND PLAY device. On the SIT AND PLAY device, we offer users a number of activities, which are directed at children under the age of 13, and other activities that are targeted for the parents or guardians of the child if they use the parent app.
What is Covered
Verifiable Parental Consent
After purchasing the Sit and Play device, parents can register with DMAI to use the SIT AND PLAY parent portal that gives them access to the parent dashboard which will allow you to monitor sessions, receive updates and alerts and rate sessions and engage in other activities. By doing so we may collect audio and video information from a child during the use of the SIT AND PLAY device. When we collect personal information from a child, we will hold that information only as long as reasonably necessary to allow the child to continue to use and interact with the device and for research purposes. We may use any non-personally identifiable information to improve and develop our products, provide a better user experience, and to enhance any DMAI product.
We do not require any personally identifiable information to use the device or the parent app. The only information the device transfers is the device’s number.
When children interact with SIT AND PLAY, specific device information may automatically be collected. We collect this information to make SIT AND PLAY effective for children and other users. We also use this information for internal business purposes.
To comply with COPPA requirements, we will require a parent or legal guardian’s consent before we collect any personal information from a child under 13. If you think that your child is involved in an activity that collects personal information and you or another parent or legal guardian has not provided consent to collect such information, please contact us using the contact information at the bottom of this policy.
Automatic Information Collected and Persistent Identifiers
SIT AND PLAY does not save any personally identifiable data on our servers. The only data we save are for remembering the learning progress and preferences that are directly used to serve the user him/herself. The data are indexed by device ID instead of user ID (since we do not save PII for that purpose), so we recommend that a device is used by only one user. DMAI uses open-source data to train the AI algorithms (computer vision, speech recognition, etc.), instead of collecting such data from our users.
The SIT AND PLAY device has a camera and microphone. They are activated only when:
1) The device is only actively providing content, when the user can interact with it via visual/audio; or
2) The device has an active connection with the parent app, so the parent is seeing/hearing the user on the device.
Data captured by the camera and microphones are never saved for later usage, but instead is immediately fed to computer vision / speech recognition algorithms in order to give proper responses to the user’s interactions, then deleted.
How We Use Collected Information
DMAI collects data from a user only on the device, through their interactions with the product. We do not collect any personally identifiable information on the app. Some of the data may be provided directly from the device, and some by collecting data about a user’s interactions, use, and experiences with our products and software. The data we collect depends on the context of the interactions with SIT AND PLAY and the choices made, including the privacy settings and the products and features used.
This information and data are primarily used for our own purposes in order to:
- Provide our products, which includes updating, securing, and troubleshooting, as well as providing support. It also includes sharing data, when it is required to provide the service or carry out the transactions you request.
- Let parents/guardians and children access and use features of the SIT AND PLAY device and parent app.
- Email notifications to parents or legal guardians of a child.
- Improve and develop our products.
- Personalize our products and make recommendations for your child.
- To operate our business, which includes analyzing our performance, meeting our legal obligations, developing our workforce, and doing research.
Our processing of personal data for these purposes includes both automated and manual (human) methods of processing. Our automated methods often are related to and supported by our manual methods. For example, our automated methods include artificial intelligence (AI), which we think of as a set of technologies that enable computers to perceive, learn, and assist in decision-making to solve problems in ways that are similar to what people do. To build, train, and improve the accuracy of our automated methods of processing (including AI), we may manually review some of the predictions and inferences produced by the automated methods against the underlying data from which the predictions and inferences were made. For example, we manually review a small sampling of audio and video data we have taken steps to de-identify to improve our services, such as recognition, translation, and enjoyment.
Lifespan of Data
1) If the data can be processed on-device, they will be immediately processed into abstracted formats such as “the user is smiling” or “the user said letter M” and the raw data are deleted. Such abstracted formats only contain tokenized, non-PII information, and cannot be used to trace back to the user — for example, our AI only recognizes “there is a human face in the image” but *not* “there is the face of Person X”.
2) If the data cannot be processed on-device (because it needs to run on a more powerful server), they will be encrypted using standard industrial algorithms and sent to our server, which will immediately process them into aforementioned abstracted formats and sent back to the device (also encrypted). Then the server immediately deletes the data received from the device.
We will not share any personal information with other individuals or companies except in limited situations, including the following:
- Disclosing personal information if required or permitted by law; for example, in response to a subpoena, law enforcement, court order, or public agency’s request.
- To protect the safety of any person.
- To safeguard the security of our website and companies that provide services for us.
As a parent or legal guardian you have the following rights regarding your child’s use of SIT AND PLAY:
- To review any personal information we may have collected from the child.
- To revoke the consent to use or further collect the child’s personally identifiable information.
- To request that the child’s personally identifiable information be changed or deleted.
- To allow the collection and use of the child’s information; but, not allow disclosure to third parties unless it is part of our service.
- To send any notice and get consent if we make changes to the collection, use, or disclosure practices to which you previously agreed.
Parents can exercise their rights shown directly above by contacting us using the contact information at the bottom of this page.
We utilize Cookies on our website and software. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we may transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time.
On our website and software, we may use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate the site by saving your preferences and to improve and track the overall site experience. For our password-protected areas of the site, we may set a persistent cookie to authenticate your login and authorization to use the password-protected areas.
How to Access and Control Your Personal Data
You can also make choices about the collection and use of your data by DMAI for any reason. You can control your personal data that DMAI has obtained, and exercise your data protection rights, by contacting DMAI, Inc. or using the tools we provide. In some cases, your ability to access or control your personal data will be limited, as required or permitted by applicable law. How you can access or control your personal data will also depend on what data has been collected. To determine what data has been collected, contact Privacy Team firstname.lastname@example.org.
DMAI, Inc. takes steps that are reasonably designed to protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, including through secure socket layer, password protection and, for certain transmissions to our Services, encryption. However, due to the open communication nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between the device and the parent app will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Users of SIT AND PLAY do so at their own risk with respect to such communications.